NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (KNOP) - Dalene Skates is the Executive Director for North Platte's Habitat for Humanity. She says the contestants are now selling the calendars in a fund-raising competition. She says, "1 dollar = 1 vote. The most votes win the coveted Golden Hardhat and the chance to call themselves Mr. Habitat!"
Twelve Contestants are:
• Mr. Outdoors – Jason Erickson – Flatrock Pawn and Spawn
• Mr. Auto Sales – Joe Swift – Swift Auto Sales
• Mr. Marketing – Scott Martin – Smart Marketing
• Mr. Fitness – Jason Jensen – ENZO Athletic Performance
• Mr. Real Estate – Aaron Vieyra – Team Vieyra at Gateway Realty
• Mr. Media – Nate Christopher – Huskeradio
• Mr. Agriculture – Chance Schilling – First National Bank
• Mr. Insurance – Steven Rhoades – Farmer Insurance
• Mr. Fire Safety – Mike McConnell – North Platte Fire Department
• Mr. Locksmith – Corban Heinis – Al’s Lock and Safe
• Mr. Hardware – Doug Wallace – Ace Hardware
• Mr. Christmas – Santa Claus – North Pole Toy Emporium
Mr. Habitat is a fund-raising competition: 1 dollar = 1 vote. The most votes win! Contestants are vying for the coveted Golden Hardhat and the chance to call themselves Mr. Habitat!
Winner will be announced at the crowning event on Saturday, March 10th at the Sandhills Convention Center
1. Each gentleman will be selling tickets to the event: $35 each, or tables of 8 for $250
2. Each gentleman will be selling Mr. Habitat calendars: $15 each
3. Each gentleman will be out seeking donations – be generous when you are approached
4. You may donate online at our website at www.npahfh.org. Each contestant has his own page – look for those at the donate link.
5. Each gentleman will be hosting their own fund raising events and contests
Be sure to like the North Platte Area Habitat for Humanity’s Facebook page and stay tuned to for more information on the contestants and their fund-raising efforts.
Then be sure to join in the fun at the crowning ceremony on March 10th, 2018. There will be silent auction items and lots of fun to be had as the guys compete for additional prizes in the categories of:
o Most online donations
o Most calendars sold
o Most successful fund-raising event
o Most creative fund-raising event
o Mr. Congeniality