NORTH PLATTE, Neb.-- A position on the Advisory Committee of the North Platte / Lincoln County Visitors Bureau is open immediately for an at-large Committee member who is not a part of the hotel/motel/campground industry. It is the goal and mission of the Visitors Bureau to enhance and promote a positive image of the communities in Lincoln County, to assist in the development, continuation and promotion of quality events, attractions and amenities for the enjoyment of residents and visitors alike, and to help ensure that the highest standards of customer service are practiced in our establishments.
The successful applicant will be appointed complete an unexpired term of a resigning Committee member that ends in June 2019. After that, the position is eligible for a full four year term, then be eligible to be reappointed for a second four year term.
According to the bylaws of the North Platte/Lincoln County Visitors Bureau, the Advisory Committee shall consist of five members who are residents of Lincoln County, two of whom will be from the hotel/motel/campground industry and three from the community at large. The members of the Advisory Committee shall be appointed by the Lincoln County Board of Commissioners, with candidates recommended by the Advisory Committee.
The following excerpts from the bylaws will be of interest to prospective candidates:
1. Each member shall serve for a term of four years.
2. Unexcused absences from three regularly scheduled meetings in one fiscal year will be cause to recommend to the County Board of Commissioners the removal of that member from the Advisory Committee.
3. Members shall receive no compensation for their services except reimbursement for necessary expenses.
4. The Advisory Committee shall meet once each month at a place and time agreed upon by the membership. Meetings are currently held at 8:30 am on the fourth Wednesday of the month at the Visitors Bureau office at 101 Halligan Drive, North Platte.
5. Special meetings may be called by the Chairperson of the Advisory Committee or the County Board of Commissioners.
6. Three of the five appointed members shall constitute a quorum for the purpose of conducting business.
7. The officers of the Advisory Committee shall be elected by the members of the Committee. Officers shall consist of a Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson.
Successful candidates who are appointed to the Advisory Committee by the County Board of Commissioners will be asked to attend an Orientation Meeting with the Executive Director of the North Platte/Lincoln County Visitors Bureau prior to their first official Advisory Committee meeting.
Candidates for this position will be asked to fill out an application indicating their community service and experience and submit two letters of recommendation. An application can be obtained from Lisa Burke, the Executive Director of the North Platte / Lincoln County Visitors Bureau at 101 Halligan Drive, or by calling 308-532-4729 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The selection process will include a meeting with the Executive Director and an interview by the members of the Advisory Committee.
The deadline for returning a completed application is February 15, 2018.