Surge of COVID-19 positive cases in Southwest Nebraska
Southwest Nebraska Public Health Department
NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (KNOP) -Southwest Nebraska is seeing a surge in COVID-19 numbers. The Southwest Nebraska Public Health Department is announcing 15 new positive cases over the past four days.
New cases include the following:
• One Chase County resident – a female in her 40′s, related to direct contact with another confirmed case of COVID-19.
• Two Furnas County residents – a female in her 60′s related to community spread, and a male in his 40′s which is still under investigation.
• Two Keith County residents – two females in their 30′s, both related to direct contact.
• Eight Perkins County residents – a female in her 30′s related to community spread, and seven others related to direct contact: a female in her 20′s, a female in her 70′s, two females in their 90′s, a male in his teens, a male in his 20′s, and a male in his 90′s.
• Two Red Willow County residents – a male in his 30′s related to community spread, and a male in his 20′s related to direct contact.
These cases bring the total to 49 confirmed COVID-19 cases. Twenty-five of the cases have recovered, and there has been one death. Twenty-two cases have been reported since July 12th .
Copyright 2020 KNOP. All rights reserved.