Final countdown to 2020 NEBRASKAland Days
A scaled-down version is finally happening
NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (KNOP) -The organizers of the 2020 NEBRASKAland Days made the announcement Tuesday that rounded out the annual event. The Viaero Summer Jam Concert Series for 2020 is bringing two concerts to the Wild West Arena on Friday, August 14th, and Saturday August 15th. On Friday .38 Special will preform, and on Saturday, it’s Granger Smith.
These concerts help shape the postponed NEBRASKAland Days into a very similar version of years’ past. Annually held over a two-week time span in June, the event this year is more compact, and running from August 1st with a road run for kids and adults, Raising a Red Barn event, Competitive Art Show, and NEBRASKAland Days kickoff event at Pal’s from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The other big highlight of NEBRASKAland Days is the Buffalo Bill Rodeo running from August 5th through August 8th out at the Wild West Arena.
As for the NEBRASKAland Days on Parade, scheduled for August 8th at 1:00 p.m., final plans for that are not complete. The final look of this parade will depend on the current coronavirus pandemic phase North Platte is under at that time. Executive Director of NEBRASKAland Days David Fudge says it could be a “reverse parade” where the floats are stationary, and the viewers drive past the entries to view them, if the area is still in Phase 3.
As for tickets to the rodeos and concerts, there are only 25% of the normal number of tickets being made available. The West Central District Health Department, and the Governor of Nebraska Pete Rickett’s Directed Health Measure allows 75% capacity, but says NEBRASKAland Days is playing it extra safe and only allowing 25% because that is still 3000 people in one space.
Many of the events require registration on the NEBRASKAland Days website at www.nebraskalanddays.com.
- NEBRASKAland Days Road Run (a part of the Platte River Fitness Series) - Registration starts at 6:30 a.m. and race time is 7:30 am., Saturday, August 1st.
- Youth Road Run (open to all kids ages 14 and younger) at the Wild West Arena before the Adult Road Run, Saturday, August 1st.
- Raising a Red Barn, (Put together a team to construct the best red barn made out of materials of your choice. Registration forms can be found on the home page of nebraskalanddays.com). August 1st.
- Competitive Art Show at the Prairie Arts Center (Prairie Arts Center will be open all month of August for you to stop in and enjoy the pieces that were submitted for this years competition!)
- Pal’s NEBRASKAland Days Kickoff, August 1st from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m
- Prime Rib Sandwich Feed, August 4th from 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. downtown North Platte
- Rodeo Slack, August 5th, 6th and at 8:00 a.m.
- Buffalo Bill Rodeo, August 5th-8th at 8:00 p.m.
- BBQ Pork Sandwich Feed, August 6th from 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Moose Lodge, 1315 East 4th Street, North Platte
- Junior Tennis Tournament, August 7th from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Cody Park
- Lunch with the Wild Bunch, August 7th frm 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Wild West Arena
- Raising a Red Barn Auction, August 7th at 1:00 p.m. at the Wild West Arena
- Adult Tennis Tournament, August 8th and August 9th at 8:00 a.m. at Cody Park
- Flapjack Feed, August 8th at 10:30 a.m. at the Platte River Mall
- NEBRASKAland Days on Parade, August 8th at 1:00 p.m. (details are still being sorted out). This year’s theme is “Back in the Saddle”
- Ranch Rodeo, August 9th from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Competitive Art Show Awards Reception, August 10th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Cowboy Kickball, August 12th at 5:00 p.m. at the Wild West Arena
- Cowboy Cornhole, August 12th from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at the Wild West Arena
- Friday, August 14th: .38 Special preforms for the Viaero Summer Jam Concert Series
- Saturday, August 15th: Granger Smith preforms for the Viaero Summer Jam Concert Series
- Taps and Tunes, August 13th from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at the Wild West Arena
- Junior Rodeo, August 16th at 9:00 a.m. at the Prairie Arts Center
Copyright 2020 KNOP. All rights reserved.