2020 awards presented at annual luncheon
North Platte Chamber & Development
NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (KNOP) - Several businesses, business owners and individuals were recognized Thursday at the North Platte Chamber & Development’s annual meeting at the Sandhills Convention Center.
Keynote speaker for the event Bryan Slone, president of the Nebraska Chamber of Commerce and Industry, addressed those attending with the Nebraska Chamber’s vision for the future of Nebraska. The Nebraska Chamber held its Fall Forum earlier Thursday morning at the north campus of Mid Plains Community College.
Dr. Rich Raska of Great Plains Food & Ankle Specialists, 2019-2020 Board Chairman, presided over the event.
New officers for 2020-2021 are Josh Harms, NebraskaLand national Bank Vice President, taking over as Board Chairman, and Brandon Jones, Beveridge Inc., will be Vice-Chairman.
Dee Klein (North Platte Telegraph); Michael Santa Maria (Union Pacific Railroad); Fiona Libsack (Great Plains Health), and Mendy Oettinger (Great Plains Realty/Pals Brewery) were all elected to the board. Dr. Ben Lashley of Maple Park Dental, and Mel McNea, CEO of Great Plains Health, were recognized as retiring board members.
Mayor Dwight Livingston and recently retired city administrator Jim Hawks were recognized for their long-time support of the local business community and economic development efforts.
- Dusty Barner of Dusty Trails was recognized as Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Greg Wilke was recognized with the Lifetime Achievement and Volunteer of the Year Award.
- The New Business of the Year Award was presented to Double Dips Ice Creamery.
- Business of the Year was awarded to Wilkinson Development
- Business CEO of the Year went to Mark Oettlinger (CEO of Wal-Mart Distribution Center)
- The Professionals of the Year being recognized were front line workers of the local health care businesses at Great Plains Health, Linden Estates/Linden Court, Centennial Health Care, and North Platte Care Center
Copyright 2020 KNOP. All rights reserved.