Ways to help a Sutherland family
Jennifer Seachord Nutter family loses everything in house fire
NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (KNOP) - The community of Sutherland is reaching out to help one of their own after a devastating house fire in the early morning hours of Thursday destroyed all they had.
Jennifer Seachord Nutter and her three children aged 17, 14 and 11, and their two dogs are staying in temporary housing after a house fire destroyed all their belongings. Jennifer is a single mom who works in the health industry.
A go-fund-me page is set to help the family. Here is the link:
As of 11:30 p.m., Friday, $6,030 of a $10,000 goal had been raised.
For those who would like to help in other ways besides go-fund-me, there are many options.
- Any donated items can be dropped off at the Farm Bureau office in Sutherland (930 1st Street, next to Sno White), Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Anyone in North Platte may drop off items at the North Platte DMV exam office (on Vine Street), Monday-Friday from 8-4:30 p.m. Items will be delivered to Sutherland.
- Saturday October 31: Drop off at 11:00 a.m. at the North Platte Mall parking lot,
- Saturday October 31: 1:00 p.m. at the Hershey City Park,
- Saturday October 31: 3:00 p.m. at the Longhorn Bar in Sutherland.
Organizers for the donations say any help is greatly appreciated to help the family.
Here are some ideas of needs:
17-year-old Gaven wears adult medium shirts, size 30 pants, shoes size 10.5.
14-year-old Oliver wears size 14 pants, adult small shirts and size 9.5-10 shoes.
11-year-old Evangeline wears size 12/14 pants,medium-large shirt and size 6.5 shoes.
Jen wears medium/large tops and size 28 pants and size 9 shoes.
The family also has two dogs, Charlie and Bogey, that will also need some new puppy supplies!
A family friend is setting up an account at First National Bank for another way to people to help the family. She hopes to have that account ready early next week.
Copyright 2020 KNOP. All rights reserved.