Hershey beats Mullen, NPCC and NPHS fall short
The Panthers beat the Broncos while North Platte schools struggled on the basketball court
NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (KNOP) - It was an action packed Tuesday on the basketball court. The North Platte Community College Women’s Team kicked off the action with a 2PM home game against Colorado Northwestern Community College. The Lady Knights played from behind for most of the game. NPCC made a push down the stretch, but ultimately lost by a final score of 66-60.
Across town, the North Platte Girl’s Team was hoping to hand Lincoln Pius X their first loss of the season. The Lady Thunderbolts were too tough today, winning by a final score of 61-39. Gracie Haneborg led the Lady Bulldogs with 15 points and 6 rebounds. Abby Orr played a well balanced game, tallying 8 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 blocks. Six foot Sophomore Carly Purdy added 7 points and 13 rebounds.
Finally, today’s action wrapped up with a marquee matchup between Hershey and Mullen. The Panthers are this year’s SPVA Finalists while the Broncos won the MNAC tournament last week. Both teams had only two losses entering the day but Hershey emerged victorious tonight. The Panthers overcame a fourth quarter deficit to win by a final score of 53-45.
“It’s all eight of our seniors last home game this year so it was great for the city and for all of us,” said Panther senior Cayden Spearman about the win.
Additional area scores can be found below:
Girl’s Results 2/2/21:
1. Anselmo-Merna d. Spalding Academy 58-13.
2. Broken Bow d. Lexington 58-37.
3. Maywood-Hayes Center d. Medicine Valley 62-35.
4. Mullen d. Hershey 56-44.
5. North Platte St. Patrick’s d. Paxton 57-29.
6. Perkins County d. Maxwell 45-27.
7. Sutherland d. Garden County 43-26.
8. Wallace d. Brady 51-17.
Boy’s Results 2/2/21:
1. Chase County d. Yuma, CO 57-48.
2. Lincoln Pius X d. North Platte 84-33.
3. Medicine Valley d. Maywood-Hayes Center 68-51.
4. Spalding Academy d. Anselmo-Merna 56-47.
5. Wallace d. Brady 63-23.
Copyright 2021 KNOP. All rights reserved.