Maxwell and St. Pat’s pick up wins tonight
The Wildcats and The Irish both get in the win column at home.
NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (KNOP) - The Maxwell and St. Pat’s boy’s basketball teams both picked up wins on their home court tonight. The Wildcats defeated Sutherland 52-31. The Irish handed Dundy County-Stratton just their third loss of the season in a one-sided contest, 70-49 the final. Joseph Heirigs scored a career high 16 points while going 3-3 from behind the arc. Jack Heiss added a double-double with 26 points and 10 rebounds.
The Lady Irish were also dominant tonight. They beat DCS by forty, 71-31 the final score. St. Pat’s shot 50% from the 3-point line while hitting sixteen triples on the night! St. Pat’s will face off against Hershey in the storied SPVA rivalry this Thursday.
Additional area scores can be found below:
Girl’s Basketball Scores 2/9:
1. Sutherland d. Maxwell 48-24.
2. Aurora d. Lexington 38-34.
3. Broken Bow d. Ord 54-35.
4. Gothenburg d. Ogallala 53-39.
5. Hershey d. Paxton 63-24.
6. South Loup (Callaway/Arnold) d. Anselmo-Merna 51-41.
7. South Platte d. Maywood-Hayes Center 53-48.
8. Southwest d. Wallace 48-37.
Boy’s Basketball Scores 2/9:
1. Hershey d. Paxton 64-43.
2. Maywood-Hayes Center d. South Platte 62-43.
3. Wallace d. Southwest 55-39.
*Article will be updated with additional scores as they become available.**
Copyright 2021 KNOP. All rights reserved.