North Platte Wrestling shines at District Tournament
The Bulldogs will send thirteen wrestlers to State next week!
NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (KNOP) - The North Platte Wrestling team stole the show on Saturday in Fremont. The Bulldogs put together a stellar performance in the Class A-3 District Championships. Brock Little, Jaylan Ruffin, Darian Diaz, Gavyn Brauer, and Vincent Genatone are all District Champs in their respective weight classes. North Platte will send a total of thirteen wrestlers to Omaha next week for the State Tournament. As a team, The Bulldogs claimed 1st place, narrowly beating out Papillion-La Vista 212 to 208.5.
Meanwhile, there were some great storylines brewing in Sutherland this afternoon at the D-4 District Tournament. Most notably, Samuel Foster picked up his 100th career pin on his home mat to claim the 138 title.
All of our area wrestlers in action at Sutherland today who qualified for State can be found below:
1. Jeffery Forsen (Mullen).
2. Wyatt Heessel (Maxwell).
1. Eli Paxton (Mullen).
1. Cauy Morgan (Sutherland).
2. Mason Toner (Perkins County).
3. Dominick Geho of (Paxton).
1. Chase Gracey (Mullen).
2. Sam Melton (Maxwell).
1. Kyle Durfee (Mullen).
2. Jon Peterka (Sutherland).
3. Mason Tilford (Maxwell).
1.Samuel Foster (Sutherland).
2. Colton Pouk (Perkins County).
3. Hunter Deeds (North Platte St. Patrick`s).
1. Hunter Cook (Sutherland).
2. Jaden Henderson (Medicine Valley).
3. Gaven Nutter (North Platte St. Patrick’s).
1. Spencer DeNaeyer (Mullen).
1. Kaydan Hunt (Maxwell).
1. Kaden Cole (Medicine Valley).
2. Jaycob Young (Maxwell).
1. Gavin White (Sutherland).
2. Drey Smith (Maxwell).
1. Luke Howitt (Maxwell).
2. Landon Nichols (North Platte St. Patrick’s).
1. Austin Meyer (Perkins County).
2. Kayden Stubbs (Maxwell).
3. Isaac Welch (Mullen).
Copyright 2021 KNOP. All rights reserved.