WCDHD vaccinating into Phase One B
NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (KNOP) - The West Central District Health Department (WCDHD) and the Public Health Command Center addressed the public Wednesday on their Facebook page. Signs of progress are being reported with dropping positive cases of COVID-19 at local schools and at Great Plains Health.
North Platte Public Schools Tina Smith told the public there are no positive cases of COVID-19 in the North Platte Public School District currently being reported.
At the local hospital, as of Wednesday, there are two COVID-19 patients, with neither of them on a ventilator or in the ICU.
But the effort by the health department continues. The WCDHD is working to vaccinate people in the six-county area in Priority Groups Phase One A and Phase One B.
- Who is included in the current priority group?
- PHASE ONE A - This Phase is continuing even as Phase One B begins.
- This priority group includes health care workers and long-term care residents who have not already been vaccinated.
- PHASE ONE B:
- This includes anyone aged 65 and up, first responders, utilities, educators, funeral homes, grocery, food processing, homeless shelter staff, corrections staff, transportation (such as trucking, railroad, and gas stations), U.S. Postal Service, and public transport (including bus and air).
- Register at: vaccinate.ne.gov
2. But what if you are already registered for the vaccine, but have not heard from the state or WCDHD?
- The entire system works around an e-mail provided at the time of registration. This is how you are contacted so you can schedule your vaccine appointment.
- An e-mail is sent to you after you register, containing a link for you to schedule your vaccine.
WCDHD says as of Wednesday, of all the e-mails sent, nearly 400 are still not accessed by recipients.
3. How do you solve the problem if you cannot find your e-mail from the WCDHD?
- Go to WCDHD’s website at wcdhd.org
- Click on “how to contact us.
- Go down to “COVID-19 vaccine”
- Click on the second link on the page you are directed to. The first link you see on the page is to cancel an appointment. The second link is to tell WCDHD you did not get an e-mail from WCDHD. You will need to enter your name, date of birth, and e-mail.
- The North Platte Public Library can help you navigate this process if you need assistance.
4. What do you do when you do get your e-mail from WCDHD?
- You are given the option of picking your time and place to get the vaccine.
- Current locations from which to choose are: WCDHD, a mass clinic site, U-Save on Leota Street, RX Express, and sometimes - Wal-Mart.
- These times and places update daily to give people options.
The WCDHD is currently in possession of 100 doses of the new Johnson and Johnson single-dose vaccine It is being prioritized for people at high risk for not being able to follow up with a second dose of the vaccine.
The WCDHD wants people to remember that no one is required to get the vaccine, but if you are registered, it is important to make and keep your appointment so no vaccine doses are wasted. Currently, the Moderna vaccine is being administered in the WDCHD.
The following links are being shared for the public’s information from the WCDHD.
1. If you are 65+, First responders, Educators, or Healthcare workers, have registered at vaccinate.ne.gov, and have not heard from WCDHD for scheduling, please submit your information here: https://nalhd.sjc1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0ciUVTY2AAzMs1E
2. If you need to cancel an already scheduled COVID-19 vaccine appointment, please complete this form: https://nalhd.sjc1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9zNSwfpb0UfMZBI
3. If you are interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, please register at vaccinate.ne.gov. Everyone is encouraged to register, even if you are not in a currently identified priority group. Please do not expect to be contacted for an appointment until your priority group is open.
4. WCDHD will begin vaccinating all in Phase 1B (Vaccination timeline: https://gis.ne.gov/.../7ea59e82dd524f94af6c2b27099c5538/data).
EUA Vaccine Factsheets
Johnson & Johnson EUA Factsheet for Recipients and Caregivers: https://www.fda.gov/media/146305/download
Vaccination timeline: https://gis.ne.gov/.../7ea59e82dd524f94af6c2b27099c5538/data
Moderna EUA Factsheet for Recipients and Caregivers: https://www.modernatx.com/.../eua-fact-sheet-recipients.pdf
Pfizer EUA Factsheet for Recipients and Caregivers: https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download
Copyright 2021 KNOP. All rights reserved.