NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (KNOP)- On the west side of town a stove fire began while the family wasn't home. The fire started on top of the stove. The fire is being investigated as an accident.
Oven from home is destroyed after being in flames for around an hour. (SOURCE: Kaylie Crowe KNOP-TV)
The fire was starving for oxygen so it put itself out and burned for about an hour. The family was not home at the time of the fire. The stove was carried out by the fire department and is now destroyed from the flames.
George Lewis, the Fire Marshall says there are no injuries.
"It looks like it started on top of the stove. We don't know if a burner was turned on or whatever they were all melted off. So there's quite a bit of heat and smoke damage. No injuries. Had three dogs in there all three dogs are fine," said Lewis.
The fire department says everyone is safe and the fire was successfully put out. The cost of damage is still unknown.