NORTH PLATTE, Neb. KNOP-TV Jason Trimble, a battalion chief for the North Platte Fire Department, said fire crews were on the scene of a garage fire on the western edge of North Platte for most of the night.
The garage fire was caused by a wood burning stove on the ground floor of the building. The homeowners were home at the time and called in the fire.
It took the team work of the North Platte, Hershey and Sutherland Volunteer Firefighters to put out the flames overnight Sunday.
The two story garage is located in a rural area west of the Golden Spike Tower. It was detached from the home that was located nearby.
Ryan Sylvester, a member of the State Fire Marshal Investigation Division, said there were no injuries.