Woman loses home in fire due to unattended candle

Picture: MGN

BRULE, Neb. (KNOP)- A woman has lost her home due to a fire overnight Sunday.

A fire broke out at 915 Maple Street in Brule and the fire department was called by the homeowner at 2:53 a.m.

According to Brule Fire Chief, Lonnie Olson, an unattended candle is to blame for the fire.

He said the house is a total loss and took them about an hour and a half to put out. It was fully engulfed upon arrival.

Brule, Ogallala, Keystone Lemoyne and Paxton fire departments all responded. The woman was alone in the house during the time of the fire and is uninjured. The American Red Cross is helping her.